- Two Confirmed Hacked Counties in Florida
- At least two counties in florida have been confirmed to be penetrated by Russian Hackers seeking voter identifiable information, says Florida State Governor.
- Future Voting Machines and
the Firms that Build Them
- A good summary of the voting machine industry, as well as a lesson in how lots of money with little knowledge isn't usually a good thing.
- Voter Registration Databases are Often Wrong
- Voter Registration databases are consistently incorrect across the nation, including databases in Wisconsin where 22% of voter registrations couldn't be matched
with other data sources.
- Leaked NSA Report on Russian Spearphising
- This leaked document from the NSA documents the attacks made by Russia, including technical details of the phishing attempts (p. 3 & 4).
- Better Design, Better Elections | Brennan Center Report
- This report from the Brennan Center is extremely interesting, especially pages 15 - 34 where four usability-centered problems are detailed. In particular, between fifty and sixty-thousand votes were lost
in New York's 2010 election because of usability issues. I highly recommend reading this if you believe the voting system isn't in need of rethinking.
- Blockchain Voting and Why it's Dumb
- The first article is about Voatz, a private blockchain voting firm. I have heard through the academic grapevine that the CEO and inventor of the
technology behind VOATZ can't back up his claims when confronted with real crypto experts, although I cannot personally confirm this. The second link is a report on why
the term 'blockchain' doesn't really mean anything when you apply it to voting systems.